A rewarding opportunity to use your skills and experience to join the Board of a multi academy trust and benefit the education of over 2,500 primary age pupils across nine schools based in Hertfordshire.
- Are you seeking an opportunity to give back to the local community?
- Do you share our passion for education and maximising the life chances of children and young people and want to make a difference?
- Do you want to further develop your leadership and governance skills?
We are looking for Trustees (non-executive directors) to join our Board who have experience in a senior role and are able to give time and dedication to this position to make a positive difference to the children in our schools.
We are seeking candidates who:
- are prepared to commit to the role and responsibilities and to their own development as a Trustee
- are good team players, aware of their collective responsibility as a Board member at the same time as bringing an impartial perspective
- have good self-awareness and are good communicators with an ability to listen
- are creative, have an enquiring mind and are able to offer appropriate challenge whilst being supportive
- are able to evaluate and interpret management information/data and draw out key issues for the Trust
- do not need to have any prior experience of the education sector, or any prior experience of being a Trustee, but are able to adapt and use their skills in a new role
Trusts like ours need Boards that have a balance and diversity of knowledge, skills and experience to enable it to be effective. In addition to the qualities outlined above, we are also keen to hear from candidates who may have experience in marketing/communications, operations/finance, IT/cyber security, special educational needs/disabilities or who live or work in the communities served by our schools. An induction programme and training on specific aspects is provided.
The Agora Learning Partnership believes in the importance of good governance at both Board and local school level. We are constantly reviewing our needs as a growing Trust and our succession planning. We would be especially interested in hearing from candidates who are prepared to take on a lead role on the Board in due course, for example chairing a committee, becoming the Board Chair or leading on another aspect of the Board’s work.
You can find out more about our Trust and schools on our website (including governance structure and scheme of delegation), but please do contact us for more information if you are interested in this role. A document outlining the roles and responsibilities of a Trustee can be found at this link, along with information about our current Members and Trustees.
For more information and/or to arrange an informal discussion, please contact in the first instance the COO, Carol Murphy Carol.Murphy@agoralearning.co.uk or the PA to the CEO, Sabina Lee firstname.lastname@example.org